I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kick off the New Year on a good note

I received a lovely donation from John, Cynthia and Kai Speaker :-) I THANK YOU!!  This is starting off 2010 on a great note! Every dollar donated goes right to the students.   Winter training is tough-fight through cold weather, rain, and snow; but I know it will only make me stronger!  I will wear your medals proudly.  I will make a special one for Kai in the shape of a fish :-)

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." - Aesop











Last night, I ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  I incorporated 3 miles of hills up to 4.5 grade. It was strenuous on my breathing.  Afterwards, I did some leg exercises: press, squat, lunge and wall sits.  Then I did abdominal workouts with weights.  It was a great work out compared to the other day. Perhaps hydration is key to a good work out.  









 Eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day. 



At my company, we are doing our own version of BIGGEST LOSER!  I installed a free iPhone App-LOSE IT.  























LOSE IT tracks how many calories you ate versus how many calories lost in my work outs.  It's another tool to keep me accountable on my weight gain/lost, eating and training.      

No comments:

Post a Comment