I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My New Years Resolutions

1. 2010 is the official start of my ambitious goal to Summit the Tallest Peaks in 50 States.  I will start on MA, VT, NH, RI, CT This year, I'll start on VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, and if I can make it up to Katahdin by the end of the summer, then I'll try for that too.



photo.php.jpg



Mt. Marcy, Adirondacks, NY at 5,305 ft  
Mt. Greylock, MA at 3,487 ft
Mt. Mansfield,  Lamoille County, VT at 4,393 ft above sea level. 
Jerimoth Hill, Foster, RI stands at an unimpressive 812 ft (247 m) above sea level.  
Mt. Frissell, Litchfield, CT at 2,380 ft 
Mt. Katahdin, Baxter State Park, ME


2. Attempt 8 at conquering my fear of being comfortable in the water: Go white water rafting. I never did it before. 


3. Stop making commitments/double booking myself/saying yes if I have doubt I won't be able to follow through.






Last night, I was feeling extremely tired and under the weather.  The last thing I wanted to do after work was go to the gym.  The gym was PACKED with new members all off to a good start on their personal New Year Resolutions (NYR)-whether it's get fit, lose baby fat, earn their pre-pregnancy body, get their sexy back, or run a marathon.  Every machine was being abused and a queue formed, NYR hopefuls eager to take the next available apparatus.  Two ergs opened up and I jumped on one for a 2000 meter warm up.  Then I tried running on an old treadmill in an undesirable location, but I couldn't focus and my body was dehydrated.  I was ready to give up, but I thought about all the people and STUDENTS counting on me. I had to find something last night that would work.  I got on a stair master and did 25 sets of hill intervals.  My legs were burning with pain, which was good, I was pushing myself.  I finished feeling satisfied with the work out.  Then I did weights for abs and arms.  


Today it is all about chugging water to get ready and hydrated for tonight's work out- 6 mile run.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your Blog! I never noticed it at the bottom of your fundraising page! My New Year's resolution is to get my sexy back too. Please don't hate on my group. :-0) Good to hear and see your training well through the snow and cold!! Keep your head up! The finish line is almost in view!

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete