I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

To Run or Not to Run

Update on training:
This past week, I have been steadily weight lifting and cross training on the Erg, Stair Master and Elliptical machines.  I was supposed to run between 3-5 miles the last several days.  However, this nagging, sharp pain in my left shin has reminded me to take it easy. I don't know how many more days I can take it easy.   I read that people with shin splint injuries need to take it easy up to a few weeks to heal...I can't afford to take that much time off, can I?  I should say I'm fortunate I am catching it early on so I can give myself time to heal.  It is discouraging like, being benched when I know I am good enough to play. 


Tonight, it is to be 6 miles running, but I am going to try and accomplish it with minimal impact by "running" on the Elliptical.  I would say I'm entering the darkest period of my training; my miles are getting longer and challenging, the aches and pains are building, the NYC Half Marathon is looming.  


On Fundraising:
Fundraising goal to date: $2731.00!!!  Made possible by Bobby's grandparents!  Thank you to G+G Robert and Mona Speaker for helping me on my journey.  Your support has kept me positive through the training.  :-) 




A personal favorite Quote of the Day: Believe in yourself, know yourself, deny yourself and be humble. - John Treacy's four principles of training prior to Los Angeles 1984 marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment