I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Conquered my 7-mile run

Saturday morning was full of indecision.  I probably spent an hour internally debating whether to run on a treadmill at the gym or to run outdoors.  Hmmm...explore my surroundings and gain a sense of place in the freezing cold or stare at the wall for 1.5 hours in a warm gym.  The decision was tough, but the coach said to get muscles used to running on harder surfaces.  I sucked it up and braved the unforgiving, winter wind and ran a straight 7.5 mile run, which included a quarter mile warm up and cool down.   Luckily the sun was shining so I was able to receive some warmth.  I was wearing spandex pants, but the stinging wind made it feel like I was running naked.  I ran from North Framingham to past the famous Longfellow Wayside Inn, in Sudbury, MA.  There were quite a few hills to tackle on my run and I was too cold to feel any pain in my legs, which afforded me the opportunity to complete my run.  Finishing the run on a wintry morning allowed me to be lazy the rest of the day.




Some pics from my run:




 



 


 


 


 
Bobby ran with me for about 6 miles, sadly, his running career ended that day as his knees nearly gave out :-(  He'll have to resort to the bike or roller blades to keep up :-D Thanks for coming out with me!






Meanwhile in another part of Massachusetts, Boston held the Santa Speedo Run.  The money raised went to the Bottom Line!  The runners wore, well, speedos!  So, I can't complain about being cold.  I hope they all wore their liquid jackets.  Here is a friend of mine running in the race:

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/specials/holidays/gallery/santarun2009?pg=7 



No comments:

Post a Comment