I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

On the mountains of truth you can never climb in vain: either you will reach a point higher up today, or you will be training your powers so that you will be able to climb higher tomorrow. 
-Friedrich Nietzsche  




Last night, I ran 5 miles on the treadmill.  I feel my body getting stronger and more efficient at running.  I can get down to a 9:50 minute mile after running 12 minute miles for the past year.  I see my weight training is paying off :-)  I'm gonna get huuuuuuuuuge!


My reflector vest came in the mail! I can start my running in the morning now...get my knees used to running on pavement.  It's going to be a long...cold...dark winter.




One thing to look forward to is that the winter solstice is coming up, which means we'll be getting more sunlight-rejoice!




Now for some pearls of wisdom from the body building genius, Arnold Schwarzenegger:  What we face may look insurmountable. But I learned something from all those years of training and competing. I learned something from all those sets and reps when I didn't think I could lift another ounce of weight. What I learned is that we are always stronger than we know. 


My running mantra when the going gets I wanna give up tough is "I'm stronger than I know" for the most part it does help me stay focused and helps me change my attitude.  When all else fails, I switch to, "Don't be a failure!"  Hah!  Whatever works...

No comments:

Post a Comment