I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Team Training--Mile 8!

Date: Dec. 19, 2009
Weather: Overcast, 17 degrees
Location: Boston, MA


At 6:30am the sun was rising and I was getting dressed for the team training run in Boston, MA at Revolution Rock Gym. It was 17 degrees Fahrenheit and freezing.  I put on 2 pairs of spandex pants, spandex shirt, fleece jacket and fleece vest.  After our team talk ended at 8:45am, we started our run along the Boston side of the Charles river. There are a lot of fast road warriors, so I figured I was going to be okay with running by myself.  However, I was so happy to have a running companion-it made the 8 miles go by so fast.  I chatted it up with Kim from the Boston Partners in Education.  While Kim could talk and run effortlessly, I thought I was going to pass out from not getting enough air into my lungs while running.  It took me awhile to get used to simultaneously breathe, talk, and run.  My weight training is paying off as my muscles were not fatigued from the run and even after a day, I do not feel very sore.  After I completed my run, I looked in the mirror, my face was beet red, like I got the "Asian Flush"-body reacting to liquor consumption.  I overheated on my run, I felt the back of my vest and it was soaking wet. I quickly replenished with a PBJ sandwich, that was wolfed down in the car ride to Rhode Island, chugged 2 water bottles and ate a granola bar. It was a great run!  Next we'll be tackling Hills!








Me stretching after my 8 miler with the Bottom Line :-)


Quote of the Day: “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.” ~ Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment