I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Friday, December 11, 2009

I wanna be MADE...

I wanna be MADE into a marathon runner.

Day 25 Marathon Training
Last night, I took it easy because I was pushing pretty hard the last few days in my training.  I did a light 30 minute jog, followed by 10 minutes on the Erg.  I noticed my hamstrings were excruciatingly tight, so I did about 20 minutes of stretching.  Afterwards, I did a series of abdominal exercises, when I finished my tough ab. workout, the trainer asked, "How are you doing?" I could barely breathe my abs hurt so much, but I managed to squeak out an, "I'm okay, thanks."  Afterwards, I laid on the yoga mat for 10 minutes staring up at the ceiling.  "Are you okay?" I thought to myself, I'm in pain, it'll hurt to laugh, sneeze and rotate my body, but I'll manage.


I did this stretch for my hammies, which helped tremendously as today I feel very little soreness.   (Courtesy FitSugar)



Today is a rest day and tomorrow is my long run of 7 miles.






Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can.
-
Lowell Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment