I'm running the 114th Boston Marathon to help others reach their personal finish lines-get into college, graduate and to GO FAR in life! Be a part of the journey!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Running Gear



In the past year and a half, I had Plantar Fasciitis, which was debilitating to a runner.  To describe it, you would feel shooting, throbbing pain down your leg, ankle and foot.  When you take a step, it feels like you are walking on top of knives pointed up at your feet.  After most of my long runs, I wouldn't be able to walk correctly for a week until the pain subsided.  So, I took time off from running all together.  Now that I am getting slowly back into running, I need to be extra careful to not aggravate my legs.

  I'm going to invest in the Pro Stretch, which should help with my tight hamstrings.  It's about $30.00 on Amazon, hopefully a worthy investment.




 My running flair is the Nathan Twilight Reflective Vest, sold at REI for $12.93 will aid me to run in the dark mornings and early nights.  I traded my title of urbanite for suburbanite as I moved out of the Greater Cambridge area for more rural living in Framingham, MA.  My neck of the woods lack sidewalks and street lights.  Hopefully my reflective vest will keep me visible at night.  


No comments:

Post a Comment